One crucial stage in your wedding preparation is the Marriage License.

I visited the Province of Ontario Website and found the following information.

~You must be at least 18 years old to be married in Ontario by licence or under the authority of the publication of banns without parental consent.

~To be married in Ontario, you must fill out a marriage licence application form. You can get one from your municipal office of your city, town, village or township if there is a license issuer there OR download the Marriage Licence Application Form Text Version and bring it with you to a municipal clerk’s office near you.

~Once you have filled out the application form you need to apply for the marriage licence in person. Make sure you and your partner bring identification, such as a birth certificate (along with any change of name certificates), current passport, Record of Immigrant Landing or Canadian citizenship card, along with photo identification to prove your current legal name and age.

~There is a fee for purchasing a marriage licence. Contact your Ontario Municipal Office for the current fee. The marriage licence is valid anywhere in Ontario for three months from the date of purchase. If the licence expires, it will not be valid and you will have to purchase another licence.

Town of Ingersoll Marriage License

Marriage licenses can be purchased at the Ingersoll Town Hall. The cost is $90 which is a considerable saving when compared with London’s cost of $135.

It is worth the drive to Ingersoll! Available at Town Hall- Oxford St, 2nd Floor. Licence Issuing Hours are 8:30-4:00 Monday to Friday. Call (519)485-0120 for more information or email

Consider visiting us at 9 St Andrew Street in Ingersoll while you wait for your licence to be processed!

Link to: Town of Ingersoll Marriage Licences

Link to the: Ontario Marriage Licence Application