I am watching the Nate Berkus Show right now and have decided that the Cookie Dough Truffles that were featured by Anne Thornton are THE BEST IDEA. Why have I never thought of this?? I looked up the footage and watched it. They did not have written instructions (plus her recipe contained Pasteurized Egg Substitute- whatever that is!) so I found another recipe on the www.tasteofhome.com website.
This looks like a great possibility for a wedding favour or decadent shower dessert.
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
• 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
• In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
• In a microwave bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off; Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.